Car Driver/Loader – Cowley, Oxford
Pathfinder are proud to support our parent company SCH Ltd who manage the railhead operation at the BMW Mini Plant in Oxford, Cowley to recruit for Checker/Loader Car Drivers.
No prior professional driving experience necessary, as full assessment, training and on-going supervision will be given.
These roles are an exciting opportunity to work in conjunction with a prestigious automotive manufacturer, learn new skills and progress into other areas of the operation, including the supervision of others.
– Loading and unloading brand new vehicles onto cargo trains
– Driving a variety of vehicles with different operation controls, such as manual/automatic transmission, left/right hand drive and electronic handbrake/start buttons
– Checking and recording any damage on the vehicles
These roles are being offered on a temporary basis with a requirement to be flexible and work across a variety of shift patterns. Day shift operates between 06:45-15:30. Night shift operates between 21:30-06:00 on a two-weekly rotation.
The ideal candidate will:
– have a full driving licence
– be at least 21 years old and have minimum 2 years driving experience for insurance purposes
– be a confident driver
– be comfortable working at times in confined spaces and at lower heights
Basic Hourly Rate = £9.00
Paid Annual Leave Accrual = £1.09
Employer Pension Contribution @ 2% = £0.18
Total Hourly Rate = £10.27
Basic Hourly Rate = £11.00
Paid Annual Leave Accrual = £1.33
Employer Pension Contribution @ 2% = £0.22
Total Hourly Rate = £12.55
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Health & Safety Induction and training shift to assess driving ability (paid). All candidates will be subject to identification checks, background referencing and DVLA driver licence checks.
Interested? Please apply via the online application form below. Should you experience any difficulties in applying please contact Keeley McConnell on 02380 429760.